Sunday, April 01, 2012

Start of the Great Ocean Road

This morning I woke up had an early breakfast, went to the gym, and waited around for Jeff and Susan to finish all meetings. Aunt Sue and Jeff wanted to do the penguin feeding that I did previously so we meandered to the Melbourne Aquarium. I took tons of photos for them. Both looked adorable staring at penguins.

From the aquarium, we headed out of Melbourne to the Great Ocean Road. It was a bit of an issue getting out of the city but the highway was good. I have never met two people who can't drive in the same car. I feel like one of them is going to kill me behind the wheel for different reasons - one swerves in one lane and the other plays frogger at high speeds.

I was in charge of planning the entire weekend trip. We will see how that goes. 

We stopped at Bells Beach - the site of the Rip Curl Bells Beach surf competition. It had a rocky orange sandy beach. The waves were massive. I can see why it is an international surf haven. The road to Lorne is twisty and curvy done at mild speeds. The views of the ocean are spectacular. It really is indescribable. I have pictures of it. The final destination tonight was Lorne. Dinner was at Maple Ridge - a seafood place owned by a Canadian. I had king prawn, soft shell crab, french fries, and creme brulee. It was scrumptious.

Tomorrow's plan is that we head to Cape Otway for the lighthouse, do a waterfall hike, see wild koalas, maybe do a wine tour, and have another delicious dinner.

AFN 



No comments:

Post a Comment