Thursday, April 26, 2012

Rotto Dive Number Thousand

I did a dive on ANZAC day this week. ANZAC day fell on a Wednesday this year. It is similar to our Remembrance day but with more of a relaxed feel.

I got picked up by the president of the dive club. He is a pretty relaxed dude. The dive was pretty cruzy. We did Bouncy Bay just off the eastern coast of Rottnest Island. I reckon that it was my favorite dive thus far. I lasted 68 minutes on 3700 PSI. I legit came up with about 400 PSI cause we had to do two safety stops. My dive buddy got some great shots of me diving and is supposed to email them to me at some point. I have to get a 7 mm wet suit soon. The water has hit about 20 C which is just freezing.

Since it was a public holiday, the boat actually took us onto the island for a drink and a snack. We had lunch at the Rottnest Island Pub. I had delicious margarita pizza. I saw a quokka - it is half kangaroo and half rat. They are adorable but feral little things.


The American Navy is in Fremantle for the next three months. Thus, whilst they are here, their aircraft carriers and several other major navy artilery boats are in the bay. The boat took us around the aircraft carrier. They are massive yet so small for a plane to land. The boats mean that American Navy are in town ruining the city with their drunkness. They got to be in the city for three days and now are patrolling the water for the next three months.

 AFN

No comments:

Post a Comment