Sunday, March 25, 2012

Weekend Update

I fractured my ankle this Wednesday in tennis, so I am bit bedridden for the moment. It is only a hairline fracture according to the x-ray so I can still walk without a cast but must keep icing and taking anti-inflammatory drugs constantly. There is nothing that a cast would benefit. My physiotherapist says that I should be able to keep training for my triathlon by the end of next week as long as I keep resting it. I might have ignored his request that I stay bedridden all weekend by going on a small dive.

A friend from another residence college and myself got onto the UWADC boat to Rottenest Island for Friday instead of our normal Saturday dive. We had a very kind neighbor drive us to Fremantle to get onto the boat for 730 am. I guess we had been told incorrect information that the meet up time was 730 rather than the boat left at that time. Oh well. We waited around until 830 before saying I think something is wrong. The friend ended up dropping us off in Rockingham at the Grain Jetty where the shore divers were diving at 9 am. One of the fellow divers drove us back to Perth City after the dive.

This shore dive consisted of us walking in full gear 50 m down a sand hill to dive around a dock ("jetty" for any Australian). The dive had shitty visibility - only about 4 feet at the max. I saw tons of jellyfish, squid, and puffer fish. I lasted 68 minutes on 1000 PSI. The max depth my computer told me was 5 m so no decompression time needed. I only came to the surface because I was cold, my ankle started to hurt, and honestly just tired of being stung by jellyfish and sea lice. I have a great sting line across my chin right now. I just look broken.

I have spent the rest of the weekend doing homework, laundry, and general lazing around cause I can't go be active. I might have caged animal syndrome by the end of the night if I don't go do something.

AFN 

No comments:

Post a Comment