Friday, June 29, 2012

Sydney - June 29th, 2012

Jeff and I flew into Sydney a day early to meet with the lawyers who executed the deal. I went and bought a stunning dress and shoes for the occasion. Thanks Jeff. Dinner was hilarious. Eight people and 18 shots of tequilla plus four bottles of wine make for an interesting night. I had a wonderful eye filet of steak and Italian ice cream. I swear I eat better when I am with Jeff than I do the rest of the year.

I slept in a wonderfully comfortable bed until noon - the view was of the Sydney Bridge and the Opera House. Upon packing I moved to the hotel that I had booked by Groupon. In reality, I had booked two days of buffets at the Novotel not the actual hotel room. So, I moved to the WakeUp! hostel for the next two days. At $40/night it is not too bad but no where near the 6 star I stayed in last night. I don't have much of a choice though as Sydney is wicked expensive.

I have gotten very used to public transit and cannot wait to have my car back. I took hours of public transit today. Sydney is almost worse than Perth for the public transport system.

I ran into Jenna (who I know from UWA) here in Sydney today when I was on my way to the zoo. We did the Torongo Zoo which is a ferry ride away from the Sydney Opera House. The zoo was awesome and we saw tons of Australian animals. The platapus' were no where to be seen which was a tad depressing.

I booked a ticket for an opera at the Sydney Opera House tonight which should be spectacular. Will update after the opera.

AFN 

No comments:

Post a Comment