Friday, June 29, 2012

Melbourne Round Two

Melbourne was a whirlwind of a trip again but much shorter. The food was incredible of course.

This time I was shopping for Jeff's apartment. I met with a real estate agent who showed me houses that were essentially sterile places. He picked a great choice out in Brighton. I found several designers for him as well. I find Australian people super hard to understand on the phone.

Jeff and myself had dinner with the former CFO of Customers' at a fabulous Italian place. She was quite nice and moving to Geralton out in WA. The waitress was a huge winch. All I wanted was mussels on a bed of pasta and she could not comprehend. Instead, we had mussels to start and then Josie and myself shared a tripe pine nut pasta thing which was revolting. However, there isn't much I could do when she offered to share the plate for dinner. I went to Macca's after dinner cause I was still hungry.

I met up with Claire, Maria, and Leigh (who I know from UWA) and did an afternoon of sightseeing and the aquarium. I have been to the aquarium three times now and it doesn't seem to wane. We did lunch at some back alley restuarant that was called "No Name". I had a turkey and cranberry sandwich.

Melbourne doesn't really change which is nice - the weather was pleasant again.

I went for a couple of runs and a good workout while I was there. Probably a good thing as dinners were rich and loaded with calories. The best dinner was at the Atlantic - we had Morton Bay Bugs, Prawns, Crab, Scallops, and a steak. Literally, I couldn't have eaten any more food. I don't want to know the cost of anything I ate there.  

The Hilton still does deliver warm robes to your room which is fabulous.

AFN 

No comments:

Post a Comment