Monday, July 02, 2012

Sydney - July 2, 2012 (Carrie Underwood concert)

As my last full day in Australia I decided to do the rest that Sydney had to offer me in sixteen hours.

I did the Sydney Aquarium (Sydney < Melbourne) which was okay but very small. I did the Sydney Zoo (Sydney < Toronga). I had lunch at the Hard Rock Cafe. It had real American ketchup which was so tasty. They are the same all over the world which was what I needed. I know I should have eaten something Aussie but I really wanted chicken fingers and fries.

I did a walkabout around the Cockle Bay Wharf, Darling Harbor, the Rocks, the Opera House, and the Harbor Bridge. I think I walked about 20km or so in flip flops. 

Starbucks has been a staple of my diet for the four days I have been in Sydney. I found five of them and visited them all. I don't think I have eaten anything other than Starbucks here actually.

I packed up which was sad and fit it all into two and a half bags. I bought a very cute gym bag.

Tonight, as a going away treat I saw Carrie Underwood. She was playing at the Sydney Opera House. I have never seen such a great performance. She is better live than on iTunes. She never missed a note and has a spectacular vocal range. I loved this performance. I didn't know she had a new album out.

Coming back to the hotel and sleep would be nice. I will try to stay up so that I can sleep on the longest journey home.

I am looking forward to being home. See y'all soon. 

AFN

No comments:

Post a Comment