Monday, July 02, 2012

Sydney - July 1, 2012

Today was extremely busy. I switched to an actual hotel. The Best Western Hotel Stellar is located on the Hyde Park. Starbucks was just across the park which was brilliant. My hotel room wasn't available at my 6 am walk up time. So I decided to set about on the city.

I visited the Australian National Museum which had a neat underwater exhibit. The Indigenous exhibit was moving but the same as every other aboriginal exhibit I have seen. There were tons of small children yipping around.

I went shopping. Dangerous amounts of shopping. Hours upon hours of shopping. Sydney has some of the best shopping I have ever done. I had to buy a second suitcase to get all of the stuff home. It is also sale time which makes shopping even more tempting.

I then went to the Royal Botanical Gardens. I saw Mrs. Macquarie's Chair which is the point of the first Australian landing. From these gardens I could see the Opera House and the Harbor Bridge. I really enjoyed the quiet of the gardens. The city was a very busy place. Perth made my pace of life slow down.

My feet hurt from all of the walking that I did.

I checked into the hotel at 2pm and literally did nothing for the rest of the day. I did venture out at night to go watch Snow White and the Huntsman. Not worth the two block walk or the ticket price. It was shitty with the same story line but horrible actors. Chris Hemingsworth is stunning but remains clothed the entire time which is depressing.

AFN

No comments:

Post a Comment