Thursday, May 31, 2012

Last class in Australia ever - COMPLETE

Hey y'all,

Just finished my class tutorial/class in Australia for this year. It is a bit strange to feel like this is the beginning to the end of a fabulous year. I mean there is still finals, an Australian paper, and travel left but it is all slowly coming to an end.

Last night I hung out with Ben and Rory, Callum, and Jamie at Captain Stirling reminiscing on the semester and how much you want to go on another exchange when you get home. I am ready to come home in some ways but in others, I never want to leave Australia. 

Tonight is the Farewell Dinner at Currie Hall which is jungle themed. I hate themed dinners as half the people dress up and ruin the photos of us who wish to dress up proper. I will not be dressing up as some jungle animal for the photos to be forever lasting.

Things that I will always treasure about living in Perth:
  • Thursday being a beach day regardless of weather conditions
  • Diving every Saturday
  • Dinner conversations 
  • Waking up 10 minutes before classes and still being early to class 
  • Running along Matilda Bay 
  • Biking to South Perth 
  • Tennis - outdoor tennis on clay court
  • TimTams, Fantales, and Salt and Malt Vinegar Chips 
  • A4 paper - it puts so much more onto a page 
  • Weekly coffee/bike dates with Curtis
  • Australian and South African accents 
 Things that I will not miss about living in Perth:
  • No car - TransPerth is the worst public transport system in the world 
  • Rain 
  • Weekly fire alarms at inconvenient times (2 am, mid dinner, 4 am, etc) 
  • Cockroaches 
  • Surviving on oranges or apples with peanut butter
  • Residence food
  • 24 hour clock system
  • Sea lice/jellies
AFN

No comments:

Post a Comment