Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Wake Boarding and Dolphins


I decided to go on a friends boat today with a couple of friends for an attempt at wake boarding in Matilda Bay/Swan River. It was 25C outside mid day, decidedly one of the nicest winter days I have ever had. I wore a jumper in the boat though - 25 is warm but not warm enough for a tee shirt.

I have to admit, it gets thousands of times harder to wake board (1) in salt water, (2) with wind making actual waves, and (3) trying to make it seem like I am not a technical person. The guys kept doing tricks and just being naturally awesome at it. I was quite jealous.

After successfully(ish) wake boarding, whilst waiting for one of the boys to switch over, there was a pair of dolphins just cruising around the boat curious. I got a few shots on my cell but didn't get any of me wake boarding in the ocean. It is harder to remember to take photos of yourself.

I am going to miss things like this when I go home.

AFN

No comments:

Post a Comment