Friday, February 03, 2012

Vancouver to Beijing

The travels started out with a 530 am wake up. I passed out as soon as I boarded the flight to Vancouver. Slept until the flight attendant woke me up once the plane had landed. I proceeded to go to the executive lounge and sleep for another 3 hours in a chair. My neck is going to kill me for all of this horrendous sleeping positions. In Vancouver they now do calls for boarding and people in English and Chinese. Most of the Air Canada international flights are to Chinese destinations anyways. 

Traveling alone is the worst. No one to talk to on the long flights aka my flight to Beijing, China. I am in roughly hour four of this fifteen and half hour flight. I've watched Footloose and a Dolphin's Tale and read two glorious romance trash novels. I've talked to flight attendants who aren't chatty and to both of my neighbors. I'm running out of this to keep me entertained. 

A girl from my Contiki tour met up with me in Vancouver at 1100 am. Cloe just graduated from UBCO in Kinesiology. She is from Kelowna and has the same flight plan as I do. Van - Beijing - Bangkok. However her Beijing flight left 10 minutes after mine via Air Canada as well. Would have been nice to talk to someone on this god forsaken flight. The next flight Cloe is on my flight which will be nice to not have to be alone through the 6 hour layover then the 5 hour and 23 minute flight. 

Currently, I am flying over Russia which is endless snow for the last hour and a bit. I have yet to see a town or village appear amongst the whiteness. You can see tributaries and rivers that have been drenched in snow in the land. I've decided I want to go see Russia some day. 

I'll update again when I land in Beijing which should be interesting. 

AFN

No comments:

Post a Comment