Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Paracas - Penguins and Flamingos

Today Brody and I drove to Paracas to see the natural reserve and go on a boat tour to the Ballestas Islands. The Ballestas Islands is a vibrant and colourful wildlife sanctuary that is filled with wild birds and sea lions. It's a set of Islands with thousands of birds on them and a whole lot of guano  (bird poo). We saw a dozen Humbolt penguins, hundreds of pelicans and hundreds of Peruvian boobies hehe. Also on the tour we saw a mysterious geoglyph similar to the Nazca lines, that was carved into the face of a cliff. It was a cold morning on the boat. It was interesting but not the most exciting thing we've ever seen on this trip.

Brody then had arranged a private tour of the Paracas National Reserve. I've never been so bored in my life. We spent three hours in a car being toured to see different beaches. I get that it might be massive and needs the tourism dollars but man was it not worth the time. We did see flamingos from afar and some neat views. I'm sure the locals appreciated the business but I would not recommend going if you have a choice.

I'm looking forward to picking up the pace here soon on my tour.

AFN

No comments:

Post a Comment